To learn more about the role and the organisation you are warmly invited to join us at our offices for a chat and some light refreshments between 16:00 and 17:00 on Monday 21st January 2019. To RSVP email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th January 2019. Interviews will be held on Monday 4th February 2019.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Procurement Manager to join our friendly and hard-working Procurement Team. You will use your knowledge of public procurement, housing and construction to lead and manage housing related procurement projects from inception to implementation on behalf of Reallies, Procure Plus and our customers.
You are required to support the Senior Procurement Manager in the delivery of framework and other procurement projects as required for the members and customers of Reallies and Procure Plus.
Key accountabilities and example activities
- Leading and managing procurement projects in a robust manner and administering these projects to ensure they are delivered in a collaborative manner and they meet the budget, time and output requirements set
- Assisting in the analysis of procurement projects and bidder submissions in respect of both quality and finance throughout relevant stages of the process
- Supporting frameworks and managing cases beyond the procurement phase
- Providing specialist procurement advice and support to members of Procure Plus and of Reallies
- Assisting in the formulation and process to deliver frameworks that meet client’s expectations
UK and EU Compliance
- Ensuring that all procurement activity is professional and compliant with UK procurement legislation and EU procurement regulations, seeking advice where required.
- Participating in the monitoring of changes in the UK and EU rules.
- Agreeing delivery targets with senior team members and implementing these
- Challenging inefficiencies, share best practice and implement change to improve quality of service
- Being the point of escalation for junior members of the team, resolving or escalating issues
- Preparing and presenting papers, management information reports and other material
- Providing advice and support to colleagues and customers
- Keeping up to date on and responding to any changes within the business as appropriate
- Considering business risk and taking action to minimise and mitigate this
- Working collaboratively with across the business to facilitate communication and ensure consistency
- Developing and maintaining a wide network of relationships with key stakeholders
- Actively participating in team meetings and the internal CSR programme
- Any other related duties as required by your line manager
- Strategic vision
- Commercial awareness
- Passionate about the "Plus"
- Focus on the customer
- Creative and innovative
- Honest and open
- Can-do / will do attitude
- Judgment and foresight
- Project Management
- Problem solving
- Stakeholder management
- Written and oral communication skills
- Numerical and analytical skills
- IT skills
Knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Degree in related subject (or an equivalent qualification) or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- An active member of a professional body CIPS
- Construction and housing related procurement
- Experience of managing procurement projects from inception to implementation both above and below the threshold to which the procurement legislation applies
- Experience of evaluating bidder’s financial stability appraisals and supply chain engagement
- Experience of working with tender management systems and advertising portals