The TGW Group are a leading supplier and systems integrator of highly dynamic, automated logistics solutions for warehousing, production, picking and distribution operations. The company designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of solutions, from small conveyor applications to complex, fully automated storage and retrieval systems.
We support successful organisations to master supply chain challenges in the most profitable, sustainable and ergonomic way. Our customers include the biggest and best names in the retail sector. So working for TGW involves working closely with excellence and success.
As Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for all Project Strategic Purchasing (Demand to Contract) and Supply Chain Management activities of TGW Northern Europe for all locally procured goods and services. You will play an integral part of the successful delivery of projects.
You will have responsibility for tendering works, contract negotiations, and supply chain optimisation thus contributing to the long-term success of the business
- Support the execution of global material group strategies (in accordance with Local and Global Purchasing strategy)
- Development of organizational and operational structure in Purchasing of the Northern Europe Hub
- Selection, assessment management & continuous development of new and existing suppliers with respect to quality, adherence to delivery dates and costs (supported by internal manufacturing, engineering, and quality assurance department)
- Minimization of procurement risks through the application of Supplier Risk Management methodology
- Strategic Purchasing interface between TGW Northern Europe (involving Benelux and Nordic countries) and Group Purchasing Management ensuring channelling of information
- Optimization of purchasing processes according to globally standardized framework under constant coordination with Group Purchasing Management (and facilitated by a globally deployed SRM tool)
- Communication interface to Planning and Sales to ensure that all requirements are being met and provide professional purchasing support to during the sales phase
- Verification of suppliers‘ compliance to Key Performance Indicators, such as time of delivery, quality and security of supply
- Tendering and negotiation of new contracts, revision of quotes and self-sustained organization, conduct and documentation of negotiation results (Price, terms, etc.) independent of global requirements needed for the local market
- Management of internal Hub supply chain optimization initiatives in strong collaboration with stakeholders (sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance)
- Ensuring Hub adherence to the business procurement practice
- Strategic and entrepreneurial thinking and ways of working
- Willingness to travel across Europe (for training Meetings & Projects)
- Worked in a project or construction environment
- Has an excellent working knowledge of contracts
- Has relevant procurement/purchasing qualifications
- Has the ability to work in difficult environments and influence people around to his/her way of thinking
- Ability to develop, implement and grow a purchasing function in line with business needs
- European languages, Dutch, French a bonus
We offer a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and pension, life assurance and 25 days annual holiday. Our onsite Gym and wellness programme is freely available to all employees.