Category Manager £50,000 - London
Category Manager - £50,000 + Great Progression - London
This FTSE 250 firm are undergoing a procurement transformation into a category management structure after large investment from the board and are aiming to build a best in class procurement setup. In order to achieve this the procurement team will undergo large amounts of on the job training to ensure they are kept up to date with best practice as well as helping to secure promotion inside the 12 month target.
Alongside the best in industry training this role also offers an opportunity to join a firm that is on the rise and has a number of category manager positions. As there are a number of categories being recruited for, the company will look at any candidates with strong indirects procurement experience.
Category Manager - What the role will involve:
- Taking the lead on short and long term category strategy, thinking strategically in order to ensure best results are achieved
- Manage the procurement life cycle from cradle to grave to make sure all areas are carried out to the best of your ability to ensure cost savings and compliance are maximised
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure business needs are met throughout
- Manage key suppliers to ensure relationships are maintained and new ones are developed
Category Manager - What are the requirements for the role:
- Battle hardened stake holder management skills to deal professionally with senior procurement executives
- Experience identifying and implementing cost saving procedures in the procurement process through strong analytical skills
- Strong indirects procurement experience
- Degree (2:1 and above)
- CIPS (Preferred but not essential)
If you are looking for the next step in your career, involving a big firm who place a real value on career progression, then this is the role for you.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, indirect, strategic sourcing, retail procurement, senior buyer, category management, consulting, stakeholder management, buyer, St Albans, Hertfordshire, FMCG, negotiation, Greater London, retail, contract management, procurement consultancy, Indirect procurement, indirect procurement, consulting procurement, Watford, London, buying