IT Category Specialist
IT Category Specialist - Marketing Leading organisation - London - £40,000 - £50,000 + Excellent Bonus & Benefits Package
One of the UK's leading organisations is seeking an ambitious and highly-talented IT procurement enthusiast, spearheading the strategy for this £100+ spend area and achieving impressive savings for the business. With the Future Procurement Leadership Programme at hand, the IT Category Specialist will be fast-tracked towards procurement leadership.
In recognition of this, the organisation is launching a procurement transformation initiative to develop a strategic Procurement & Supplier Management service for key business functions, resulting in the creation of this IT Category Manager position.
As IT Category Specialist you will: -
- Help lead the sourcing and contracting of goods and services across Cloud, Software, Licensing, Telecoms, Hardware and IT Professional Services categories
- Implement best-practice procurement and supplier management procedures, strategies and systems to maximise value and increase performance
- Collaborate with the Head of IT Procurement and CPO to drive the strategic procurement agenda throughout IT & Technology, working proactively with the budget holders to ensure resources are efficiently managed
- Manage the end-to-end tender process (from market & supplier analysis to contract award) for key contracts in collaboration with the Head of IT, IT Service Managers, Finance and Legal Business Partners
- Build effective supply chain relationships in order to leverage spend, reduce cost, mitigate commercial and legal risk and add value
- Champion continuous improvement and procurement best practice to instil a high-performance culture
Required qualifications & experience: -
- 3-5 years Procurement / Strategic Sourcing / Category Management experience, with a CV that details commercial achievements (cost savings & avoidance, risk mitigation, supplier relationship and performance improvement, stakeholder engagement)
- Strong IT category experience required, ideally with exposure to software & services
- Degree & CIPS qualifications preferred
To find out more and apply please send your cv to jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, strategic procurement, greenfield procurement, indirect procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, IT Procurement, MCIPS, business partnering, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management, purchasing, people management, leadership, commercial management, project management, eProcurement, contract management, negotiation, Software Procurement, Hardware Procurement, IT Professional Services Procurement, London, East London