Interim Planner/Buyer - Belfast
- Interim Planner/Buyer
- £100-150p/d, Belfast
A Supply Chain Planning/Buying professional is required for an exciting role in Belfast providing support to the Supply chain function as a Planner/Buyer for a Global500 energy and utilities organisation, and world leader. A fantastic opportunity to develop your experience in a fast-paced, dynamic function.
- Perform and manage the procurement of both direct and indirect material for the support of a manufacturing plant via the Oracle ERP system.
- Procure and/or schedule an inbound supply chain to align with requirements while supporting plant inventory targets. Adheres to corporate policies and guidelines for the procurement and control of direct and indirect material.
- Ensure that purchasing documents are processed completely and accurately and submitted on-time to suppliers; responsible for maintaining correct costs and data entry and follows the complete procurement process from PO submission to invoicing.
- Ensure replenishment, call off and supplier managed inventory process are maintained and managed to ensure on time delivery and inventory levels are maintained.
- Manages component change and the introduction of new parts through the planning process.
- Monitor and report key performance metrics, including supplier on-time delivery, order execution, supplier payments et al
- Communicating and working through any issues that could impact the manufacturing process and elevating concerns as necessary.
- Works closely with Sourcing to deliver deflation and persistently looks for and communicates opportunities for cost reduction / avoidance.
- Assists the Materials team in maintaining accurate physical vs. perpetual inventory records, safety stocks, supplier forecasts, etc.
- Conduct functional training for Planner/Buyers as well as rolling out communication and provide subsequent training that is a result of system changes and/or enhancements.
- 18-24 months' Supply Chain Planning experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Oracle system experience