Our Client, a Neutral Vendor Solutions Provider with Head Offices based in the North East, provide Procurement, Contract and Performance Management support to the Public Sector.
Due to continued growth our Client is looking to bring in a Procurement Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of Procurement and Senior Procurement Specialists, to provide key support to our Clients customers. The role will drive a high-performance team environment, leading to customer satisfaction and delivery. The role will be the escalation point from the Procurement Specialists, and lead on complex projects.
You will be responsible for providing effective team management covering all aspects including; performance, development, allocation of resource/projects based on category and capacity, monitoring team delivery and ensuring customer and supplier requirements are met. You will run complex sourcing events, including clarifying requirements, developing specifications with clients and identifying suitable suppliers for specific projects. The role will require you to be involved with both customer and supplier negotiations, providing MI and data analysis on costs and both team and project performance.
This is a permanent opportunity based in Newcastle City Centre with a maximum salary of £40,000 on offer.
Successful candidates must have the following experience:
- Achieved or working towards MCIPS status
- Experience in a Team Leader/Managerial role ideally in the Public Sector in a similar role
- Strong understanding of modern procurement practices i.e. Public Sector – OJEU/PCR
- Experience or understanding of eSourcing/tendering solutions i.e. BravoSolution, Pro-Vide
- Category and Sourcing experience in either the Private or Public Sector
- Hands on end to end procurement experience – ideally in the Public Sector
- Commercially aware, competent negotiator with strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects whilst maintaining client commitments in a fast-paced environment
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Logistics Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999