Senior Category Specialist - IT
SENIOR CATEGORY SPECIALIST - IT - STRATEGIC SOURCING - PROCUREMENT TRANSFORMATION - SUSSEX - £45k - £55k + BONUS + PACKAGE
In the midst of a global transformation and a number of key business moves within the last 2 years, this global technology leader is looking to bolster its procurement department, attracting ambitious procurement talent to lead the implementation of a best-in-class strategic sourcing practice.
Following the appointment of a new CPO, this FTSE 250 organisation is investing vastly into its IT procurement department and is seeking an experienced indirect procurement professional to help lead the IT Sourcing transformation.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing and ambitious procurement team, defining your own strategy in an organisation renowned for its agile company culture and stakeholder buy in.
As an IT Procurement specialist:
- Report directly to the Head of IT Procurement and work hand in hand with the CPO to deliver the best value to the IT Department
- Provide subject matter expertise across all areas of procurement such as Hardware, Software, Applications, Infrastructure & Services
- Develop and implement Category Management policies and strategies for IT
- Select the suppliers and negotiate global agreements to generate maximum value for money
- Build and drive internal relationships across departments of the business to maximise procurements impact and added value
- Identify gaps in knowledge and capabilities and advise on appropriate solutions
- Strong track record within IT procurement, ideally with strong exposure to categories such as software & services, hardware & Infrastructure
- A highly strategic and analytical mind-set
- Excellent negotiator with experience in drafting and reviewing IT contracts
- Degree required
If you are an IT Procurement expert looking to join a growing organization that is currently investing heavily in both IT and Procurement than this opportunity is perfect for you. As the organisation continues to grow Procurement will have a greater impact and ability to influence across the business to maximise value.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please send your most up to date CV to Adam at jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key Skills: IT Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, London, Hardware, Software, Contracts Management, End to end sourcing, negotiation, Category Management, Procurement Manager, IT Buyer, Senior Buyer, Procurement Transformation