Senior Category Manager - £60,000 - North London
Senior Category Manager - £60,000 + Fantastic Development - North London
This FMCG major firm are going through substantial growth and are in need of an experienced category manager to help lead and guide this growing procurement team. As the company continues to grow the need for procurement does with it and with strong stakeholder management skills you will support an increased used of procurement across the business.
Within the company there is room to grow and indeed plenty of promotional and developmental opportunities that are supported by the business. As a senior category manager a generalist profile will be considered as the company understands how the skills are transferable
Senior Category Manager - What the role will involve:
- Develop category strategy for the company, to ensure that the procurement is successful over the short term as well as the long term
- Be in control of the procurement life cycle from cradle to grave to ensure all areas are carried out to the best of your ability to ensure cost savings and compliance are maximised
- Work cooperatively with senior internal stakeholders to develop the use of procurement throughout the business
- Manage key suppliers to ensure relationships are maintained and new ones are developed
Senior Category Manager - What are the requirements for the role:
- Tried and tested stake holder management skills to deal professionally with high ranking procurement executives
- Experience developing category strategy both short and long term
- Strong indirects procurement experience across a range of categories
- Degree (2:1 and above)
- CIPS (Preferred but not essential)
If you are looking for the next step in your career, involving a big firm who place a real value on career progression, then this is the role for you.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, indirect, strategic sourcing, retail procurement, senior buyer, category management, consulting, stakeholder management, buyer, St Albans, Hertfordshire, FMCG, negotiation, Greater London, retail, contract management, procurement consultancy, Indirect procurement, indirect procurement, consulting procurement, Watford, London, buying