Global Head of Direct (Construction) Procurement
Head of Direct Procurement - Leading Construction Organisation - London/Berkshire - £80,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Excellent Package
This global construction firm has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and are currently looking for a Head of Procurement to manage their largest spend - Direct. The spend c.£0.5bn will include: building merchants/materials, Envelope, Aggregates and Design Consultancy.
The Head of Procurement will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing team (6) to manage all spend through category management.
Head of Direct Procurement role profile:
- Head of Procurement reporting into Procurement Director, with view to step in their role within the next 12-24 months.
- Lead and develop a high performing team to create and deliver category strategies that leverage scale and maximise opportunities for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Establish and develop relationships with Senior Executive Stakeholders including regular reviews with Directors.
- Need to collaborate across the business and develop strong relationships and a reputation for excellence to ensure procurement is involved proactively in all sourcing activities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a robust framework for supplier management which sets clear targets and measurement for evaluation and maximises the relationship with external partners in order to drive cost efficiency and mitigate risk.
- Need excellent negotiating skills, ability to influence at all levels of the organisation and tenacity to deliver in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
What skills and experience are required?
- First and foremost, end to end procurement experience of directs - ideally within the construction space
- Excellent negotiating skills, ability to influence at all levels of the organisation and tenacity to deliver in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- The ability to lead and develop a high performing ambitious team
- A track record of delivering savings and improving procurement processes
- Industry experience in construction/engineering would be beneficial
- Highly customer focussed, with a passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Degree and MCIPS is desired but not essential
Why should you apply for this position?
- Excellent starting salary and benefits including bonus and medical
- The scope to forge out a leadership position at a global company
- The opportunity to manage a team and help them to develop
- Manage a fantastic
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity then email direct at jobsGS@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or click apply now to start the application process.