Carnival UK has big plans for the future and our procurement team has grown significantly within the last year with over 40 procurement professionals specialising to support a diverse range of products and services across the business. Through a clearly defined career path and a supportive team environment, we have grown our talent and are now looking for passionate buyers to come on our journey. Already the market leader, CUK will grow by 50% by 2022 as we add new ships to the fleet and further transform the industry by making cruising a mainstream holiday for UK guests.
As part of a global business, we are passionate about our employees, providing an engaging working culture, support to help you reach your potential, flexible working, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be a successful and enjoyable one.
Our Buyers are responsible for tactical sourcing, negotiation, contracting and purchasing as well as working closely with stakeholders, to ensure quality, service levels, cost and reporting to meet our commercial and internal customers’ needs. From operational tactical roles to ones with more of a strategic focus, this is a fantastic opportunity for pro-active and professional buyers to come aboard at a particularly exciting time!
You should be passionate about procurement and have proven negotiation and stakeholder management skills. Proactive and forward thinking, identifying opportunities to positively influence supplier relationships and performance. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a fast paced environment and possess the following requirements;
- Influential communicator, able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility
- A team player, encouraging communication and sharing of information within the team, customers and stakeholders
- Supplier relationship management experience
- Good negotiation and procurement practice to achieve cost savings
- Positive and proactive individual with an ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Natural problem solver with experience of leveraging operating efficiencies
- Competent in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience of maximising value for money
- Previous experience in preparing, issuing and evaluating tenders and other procurement documentation
- Experience of full end to end purchasing is desirable, but not essential
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. This is your chance to join us on our journey. Apply Now.