Managing Quantity Surveyor
A unique and challenging opportunity for a fully chartered Quantity Surveyor to join our utilities client in a management capacity. Leading a small team of Quantity Surveyors to deliver complex projects as an integral part of the wider business commercial team.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure - pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market - the biggest change since privatisation.
The Managing Quantity Surveyor will:
- Lead a commercial team that focusses on the commercial management, commercial assurance of alliances and project delivery as an integral part of the business Commercial area including supporting Sourcing and Contract Management functions, particularly across new Capital Projects contracts that will be imminent.
- Provide Commercial Assurance to the Alliance Contracts. Ensure that payments are made on time and in accordance with the Contracts.
- Ensure that appropriate processes are in place and monitored to ensure that Contractual Compliance is maintained and any non-performance is identified and corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Support for the overall management and optimisation of budgets and spend (in conjunction with Finance)
- Assist the Sourcing and Contract Managers with the implementation of robust commercial processes with Third Party Suppliers and provide them with commercial support as required.
- Actively participate in management and strategic development of the Business Planning function
Key skills required:
- Extensive, proven track record in delivery of projects with detailed commercial and contractual knowledge from complex organisations
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor ideally with a Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Excellent negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Knowledge of utilities regulation
- Excellent leadership experience across multi-discipline teams
- Robust communication skills and customer service ethic working with senior stakeholders, resilient and tenacious under pressure
- Firm grasp of risks associated with delivery of projects
- Track record in continuous improvement and ability to deliver against stretching targets
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.