Senior Category Specialist - IT Services (Ref: 5797)
Exciting Procurement transformation roles for experienced & driven Senior Category Specialist to support change & implementation of best practice procurement across group IT Services spend for our market leading Services client. Interested?
As part of a wider corporate transformation programme our client is restructuring its procurement operations to reflect best corporate practice through optimising its spend leverage, raising the quality of its procurement skills and utilising its offshore capabilities to create a highly efficient team. The objective of the central procurement team will be to manage all external spend by the Group and ensure key strategic suppliers are closely monitored and aligned to its needs.
As Senior Category Specialist you will support the Head of Category & Senior Category Managers to manage an IT Services sub category spend c£20m - £50m across the Group. Managing value delivery, on-going performance and the risk represented by the substantial supply base is of critical importance.
You will be responsible for/have:
- Previous IT Services strategic sourcing & category management experience
- Leading cross-functional teams of operational stakeholders, sourcing and commercial managers through the sourcing process to deliver breakthrough results that deliver commercial advantage for the company.
- Working with the Category Head & Senior Category Managers to develop and deliver a clear sub Category strategy for the Group
- Ensuring suppliers provide value for money and business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals.
- Developing & maintaining relationships with existing Suppliers that leverage spend to reduce costs whilst delivering innovation and benefit to our business.
- Developing new strategic relationships with new suppliers and partners to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Implementing supplier agreements.
- Implementing cost management exercises to identify waste and drive immediate savings in external costs.
- Identify opportunities to exploit economies of scale (group leverage, standardisation, normalisation of suppliers etc.)
- The role is critical in driving improved customer experiences and reducing risk through the supply base within the categories.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.