Procurement Analyst (Ref: 5792)
Do you have a solid base of Commercial or Procurement Analytics experience from a complex blue-chip background and a desire to develop your skills across a broad range of strategic projects for a high profile organisation? If so, read on…
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years. A backdrop of climate change and population growth is putting pressure on our existing water resources and in turn driving the need for a series of significant investments in our assets. The projects they will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK.
Our client is currently seeking a Commercial Analyst to provide invaluable analytical support to the wider procurement team. You will be heavily involved in the assessment of opportunities with stakeholders and closely involved in the day-to-day delivery of sourcing projects ensuring that recommendations reflect the best possible value and are in line with business objectives.
- As a Commercial Procurement Analyst, your time will predominantly be split between data analytics, supporting sourcing managers with market analysis, and stakeholder engagement.
- Be heavily involved in the assessment of opportunities with stakeholders and closely involved in the day to day delivery of sourcing projects, ensuring recommendations reflect the best possible value and are in line with business objectives.
- Obtaining, cleansing and analysing large data files to provide insight on historical spend as well as identifying opportunities in cost and operational efficiency. As part of this process, using the historical data, you may also be required to provide information on future demand.
- Develop and recommend appropriate commercial models and pricing templates/bid sheets for each sourcing initiative, either by using existing templates or creating new models, working closely with the project team and being able to present to stakeholders and support the development of sourcing recommendations
- Support the Analytics team to promote and imbed technology through championing business systems and running training sessions for the Commercial and wider business.
Key skills required:
- Strong academic background including a relevant degree qualification, with good PowerPoint and Excel capabilities (Pivot tables, v look ups and creating charts.)
- Demonstrable procurement or commercial analytics experience with significant knowledge in business analysis techniques and ideally data modelling tools.
- A self-starting attitude with a proven analytical mind-set and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Be self-sufficient, hold strong communication skills and be able to multi-task to produce deliverables efficiently. Being able to isolate key issues and draw sound conclusions from various sources of information.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Private sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Buying Private sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Contracts Private sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Operations Private sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Procurement Private sector Specialist jobs in £30,000 - £39,999