Procurement Data & Systems Manager
Experienced Data & Systems Manager required by our client to build & lead delivery of the Computerland transition in systems, data & capability within Group Procurement to mitigate risk, drive innovation and simplify the supply chain.
As a key member of our Client’s Procurement and Sourcing Team your objectives as Data & Systems Manager are to build and lead delivery of the Computerland transition in systems, data and capability, ensuring consistent and effective transition in to Group Procurement risk management and innovation to simplify the supply chain.
- Responsible for the allocation of resources and capacity management across the transition programme supporting the Category Head.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams of operational stakeholders, sourcing and commercial managers through the data and system transition process to deliver breakthrough results that deliver commercial advantage for the Company.
- Work with the Category Head to develop and deliver a clear category strategy for the Group of the transition programme
- Responsible for ensuring programme and transition in to Group Procurement are a commercial and strategic benefit to the company, including innovative proposals.
- Expected to have in depth knowledge of the end to end SAP process, benefiting from the use of Ariba and S4 Hana
- Develop relationships with existing stakeholders across the Group and work with transformation teams to reduce costs whilst delivering innovation and benefit to our business.
- Develop new solutions to integrate SAP and related systems to support business needs and requirements that allow us to differentiate the Company in the market.
- Lead cost management exercises to identify waste and drive immediate savings in business costs.
- Identify opportunities to exploit economies of scale (group leverage, standardisation, normalization of suppliers etc.)
- Working with Business Partners and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of the business and related Divisional business models is essential.;
- The role is critical in driving improved working experiences and reducing risk through the supply base within all categories of spend
What you will do
- Work with the Category Head to deliver a long-term system integration and transition from current systems to SAP, with a clear strategy and operating plan, supporting the business objectives to the Group, business strategy and improving the measurable contribution of the Team to business performance.
- Direct accountability and responsibility for the transition and delivery of Computerland in to Group Procurement from a systems and data perspective, without bringing risk to the current business model.
- To implement SAP and related systems as an effective and efficient process, ensuring compliance with all policies, minimum standards and governance/risk mechanisms.
- To ensure that all supplier agreements are effectively transitioned and maintained
- To work with staff within Computerland to ensure all procurement and related activity aligns as effectively as possible to corporate goals and deliver continuous improvement and innovation.
- To have insight and understanding of business requirements and relevant data and system developments
- Results and Performance: To be accountable for the quality and effectiveness of delivery measured by an agreed balanced scorecard to achieve service and financial outcomes.
- Represent the company in the markets that they operate, building the external profile of the Company and of the company as a customer of choice for key suppliers.
- Fully understand the Group Procurement business model, how the various businesses deliver value to customer and how that service is supported cost effectively by 3rd party providers.
- Review transition data and system activities relative to the Group Procurement strategy.
You will be/have
- Commercially focused
- Recognised as a trusted partner
- Strong experience in leading Procurement projects from end to end, working to a structured process for RFIs and RFPs
- Experience of building and implementing buying strategies, working with stakeholders and Business units to gain agreement and commitment to change
- Managing supplier negotiations
- Supplier relationship management processes, supported structured supplier performance reviews
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.