Manufacturing Resource Planner
Are you a dynamic Manufacturing Resource Planner with extensive experience of Navision and the drive & proven track record of managing Navision MRP inventory for all production requirements?
As Manufacturing Resource Planner reporting the Technical Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for:
- the Navision MRP inventory for all production requirements – and running the MRP function on the ERP system. This includes production orders, made to order items, key stock items, and items on automatic re-order generation.
- Generating purchase orders for all widgets required for production and spares orders within the agreed financial threshold values.
- Liaising with relevant suppliers using own initiative and reporting any potential issues to other team members and/or your reporting Manager, to ensure that widgets are received within acceptable lead times, conforming to the necessary quality standards, correctly labelled, and within management agreed price levels, and payment terms.
- Liaising with the Supply Chain Coordinators to communicate priorities to fulfil production and stock holding requirements.
- Managing all KANBAN stock efficiently (this includes: bin quantities, converting requisition worksheets into POs and emailing suppliers).
- Ensuring the extrusion stock is managed well (both on Navision & at the suppliers). All changes must be updated on Navision in a timely manner.
- Joint responsibility for house-keeping activities for inventory item cards – correct prices, lead times, min and max re-order levels, blocked/obsolete items and descriptor lines. In particular to regularly liaise with engineering staff to keep abreast of production development and the effect on current product lines.
- Joint responsibility for checking the order acknowledgements and liaising with the Supply Chain Coordinator to communicate priorities to fulfil production and stock holding requirements.
- Co-ordination of specialised systems from design to dispatch from a purchasing view point.
- Pre-ordering assemblies/components as advised by the design team.
- Liaising with suppliers to expedite/delay deliveries to track the system dispatch schedule.
- Liaising with the packaging team leader to procure special packaging.
- Prioritizing component deliveries with our suppliers to ensure that they are delivered in a timely fashion to meet our production schedule.
- Expediting extrusion deliveries from the supplier to the client’s subcontractors. Posting extrusion consumptions on Navision in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure extrusion stock levels are within the agreed limits and avoid overstocking.
- Running reports from our MRP system to establish if any deliveries are overdue and progressing these with the supplier before these affect our manufacturing operations.
- Liaising with production personnel so that, on receipt, urgent components are processed promptly and are made available to the correct staff without delay.
- Providing a concise summary of any component availability issues which could impact our ability to meet our customer’s needs to the Production Manager.
- Monitoring work in progress within production to ensure any component supply issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Closing the Production Orders, using the correct process, for systems, spares and stock items.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Degree Qualified (preferably in a Purchasing / Logistics / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering or any other field)
- Confident with ability to expedite with suppliers (previous experience of this is preferred)
- Experience of scheduling Production and Purchase orders using an MRP system (i.e. Microsoft Navision/Dynamics NAV/SAP); we use Microsoft Navision.
- Experience with different MRP settings/parameters like Make-to-Order/Make-to-Stock.
- Accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets – basic to intermediate level
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) liaising with various departments and suppliers
- Must speak clear fluent English (including technical vocabulary)
- Free to work in the UK without visa restrictions
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.