Senior Buyer, Procurement
The role holder is responsible for the provision of a world class procurement service that delivers competitive advantage to the BT Group. The scorecard for this role includes delivery of savings targets, maturing strategic sourcing, management of risk and introducing supplier innovation to BT.
The role holder will manage a number of the Utility categories including:
- Gas, Water, Fuel Oil and Metering
- Non-GB Utilities
- Utility invoicing and bill validation
- Any of the category Government contracts that need to be managed in the UK.
Source to Contract, Procure to Pay and in-life relationship management with suppliers are key to this role.
In addition to the above, there will be other energy related projects contributing to BT’s goal of reducing carbon emissions across our business by 87% by 2030 and reducing energy consumption and costs.
The role holder will:
- Be a subject matter category specialist on the categories shown above, including its financial profile, suppliers & processes. Also bringing knowledge on competitors’ approaches, benchmarking, best practice & supplier innovation to the table.
- Be a respected and trusted partner to BT’s Finance & Operational internal customers.
- Understand BT’s energy costs in detail and be able to communicate this to stakeholders.
- Run market tenders and insourcing activities as appropriate.
- Be expected to deliver on both savings targets, applied to the BT CU/CFU and the Global Category.
- Have responsibilities for key suppliers including (but not limited to): Corona, Waterscan, Certas Energy, HWM-Water and any DWP contracts with annual spend in excess of £16m
- To develop and maintain knowledge of a category in which they operate including market dynamics and product life cycles.
- May lead a category to determine the appropriate approach to market, the optimum commercial models and supplier relationships for a product/service or element of a category.
- To work closely with internal business partners to understand their requirements, mapping these to the BT strategy and driving the "One-BT" agenda.
- To develop procurement plans appropriate to their product and services deliver maximum commercial advantage to BT to include selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product and or service.
- To negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services in their control, including loading information onto appropriate systems.
- To manage their supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and 'In Contract' supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realised.
- To take personal ownership for utilisation of contracts ensuring order channel strategy enables internal business partners to order items efficiently and contracts reflect customer requirements for their duration.
- May be responsible for managing the time phased delivery plan that brings together the 'forecast' and 'Inventory policies' to produce a commitment schedule to industry.
- May be responsible for analysing demand history in combination with customer forecasts and other market intelligence to provide an accurate forecast of future demand.
- May be involved in streamlining supply chain processes on behalf of business partners, pro-actively seeking out process efficiencies within BT end to end supply chains to increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
- May have responsibility for managing and coaching team members/buyers.
- Responsibilities are clearly defined and is part of a procurement team.
- Current processes, policy and business strategy guide this role with responsibility for smaller elements of a large contract or personal responsibility for medium value/risk contracts.
Authority and Decision Making:
- Up to £10m sign off and working with stakeholders on higher value projects as defined within the Procurement Authority levels set out within the BT Group Corporate Procurement Policy.
- Licensed Buyer or expected to work towards this within 9 months.
- Relevant commercial skills and knowledge of procurement principles, and the ability to apply these as required in any area.
- Can demonstrate sound leadership skills and excellent relationship management skills.
Apply for Senior Buyer, Procurement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly