One of the UK's largest housing associations is seeking a commercial manager who will be an ambitious, self-sufficient, hard-working individual, based in Central London. The Procurement and Commercial management team with work together to deliver on major projects across the business.
You'll need to have a pro-active approach to commercial services and work with the business to ensure value for money is at the heart of every contract let. We'll expect you to deliver contract reporting and spend leakage reports and develop innovative tools for procurement.
It is crucial that you possess communication skills, composure and the ability to negotiate. I'm interested in hearing from people in both public and private sector organisations.
The individual should have proven experience in leading procurement projects across a variety of sectors and possess the following skills:
- Cross category management - indirect spend.
- Experience managing major projects as directed by the Commercial Lead and the commercial programme.
- Experience in delivering major procurement projects
- Have the ability to investigate key areas of spend to identify savings or value opportunities and develop strategies to "get" the money/value and keep it.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to self-motivate within planning and organisation
- Strong IT Skills - competent user of MS Office
- Ideally MCIPS qualified