EMEA Strategic Sourcing Manager - Capex/Construction
Langley Search & Interim is retained by our client, a large, successful international business with operations in over 50 countries, to find them a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to be based near Heathrow in the UK. You will join a progressive, professional procurement team based globally. Their customers span a broad range of sectors, including manufacturing, energy & transportation, FMCG & pharmaceutical businesses.
Reporting to the Regional Sourcing Team Leader, your role will be to work with stakeholders (such as engineering, technologists & product managers) to manage the building of new plants worldwide.
- Develop, negotiate and implement supply strategies and contract arrangements/framework agreements to improve competitiveness
- Manage projects through to execution using world class projects execution techniques
- Identify, develop and manage suppliers taking account of safety, commercial and capacity risks.
- Develop and qualify new suppliers to meet requirements
Ideally you will have:
- Ideally have a technical degree (chemical engineering preferred although other technical/engineering degrees will be considered)
- Excellent commercial skills including knowledge of all aspects of procurement, including, but not limited to: Strategic sourcing & selection, price/cost/modelling analysis, negotiation & contract law knowledge. You will have the ability to bring about conditions for success with stakeholders and have demonstrable experience of excellent supplier relationship management enabling the meeting of goals
- Strong influencing skills, including across different cultures, geographies and functions. Able to influence stakeholders and lead commercially on the design of new plants. Able to modify style of communication to take account of cultural differences.
- Experience in the EPC, chemical, petro or manufacturing sector would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) –fluent English - good business French would be a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment – a natural team player
- Able to travel globally across EMEA
In return, our client will offer you a salary of up to £65k plus excellent benefits package, the chance to excel in an international environment & compelling culture, with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
For further information please submit your details to Christina.Langley@langleysearch.com or call on +44(0)7958 258258 quoting 6475/PERM/CL
Langley Search & Interim supplies Global Capex & Construction Procurement, Category & Sourcing Managers in procurement in the UK & globally.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in international commercial, procurement and supply chain roles across the UK, Europe, Far East and the US. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in commercial, procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Buying Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Contracts Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Procurement Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Supply chain Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £60,000 - £79,999