Senior Procurement Manager
- If you want to be able to make a difference through procurement excellence
- If you want to work for an award winning and innovative procurement function
About Our Client
Arden & GEM Commissioning Support Unit is one of the leading CSU's in the country. Arden & GEM are over 900 staff supporting extremely interesting and high impact work streams. They support groups of CCG's, Acutes and other bodies in service re-design and transformation, business intelligence, clinical support, procurement & market management and much more.
The only CSU in the country to have been accredited with the globally recognised ISO 9001:2008 standard for Quality Management. Winners of the Excellence in Procurement award by CIPS. Winner of the Best Public Procurement Project in 2017, also by CIPS. Winner of the Procurement and Supply Chain Management Collaboration category by HCSA and Winners in the Collaborative Procurement category with the GO Public Procurement awards.
With offices all over the country, Arden & GEM are one of the most accredited, forward thinking, commercial and successful parts of the NHS.
* To own the delivery of the clinical procurement and market management service ensuring we are meeting our customer's needs and overall business objectives are achieved across the customer base.
* Work with the customers to develop and deliver a robust work plan that will meet the needs of the Health care community and deliver benefits to the wider population.
* Provide support, guidance and overall management to the team to ensure all procurement's are delivered in an efficient and timely manner ensuring that all key performance indicators are achieved.
* Be responsible for the day to day range of staff management matters which include responsibility for supporting appraisals, development of staff, recruitment and where necessary processes such as performance management, grievance and disciplinary matters.
* Allocate workload across the team and work flexibly with other teams across the organisation to contribute to overall delivery of the work plan.
* To manage the devolved budget for the designated customer base.
* Work on collaborative procurement projects across a diverse range of stakeholders, including clinical leads, to meet key milestones and performance indicators.
* Work closely with local stakeholders in identifying work priorities and deliverables to inform local and regional work plans.
* Work with all internal departments in pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets.
* To deliver against key performance indicators and project/programme milestones, meeting all customer objectives and produce significant results within key markets.
* To develop strong customer/stakeholder relationships including at executive/board level to ensure project compliance and appropriate specialist input into the successful delivery of procurement and any service improvements.
* Uses robust data to research to analyse project specific outputs and support the effective delivery of a procurement or service improvement.
* Carry out appropriate market analysis to identify current market performance, identify the main features of the market and the characteristics of the demand and supply side of the market.
* Use analytical skills and all available data to identify the appropriate market intervention strategy to deliver the required improvements in patient care and identified project objectives.
* Systematically monitor and develop strategies to manage barriers to entry for new entrants and barriers to expansion for incumbents.
* To effectively manage sourcing and procurement processes that translate into robust procurement projects and complies with EU legislation, procurement guidance and national legal frameworks.
* To ensure all procurement's are legally compliant and are developed in accordance with national guidance.
* Provide specialist procurement expertise and product/service specifications to ensure procurement and supply chain deliver optimum service delivery, incorporating best risk management philosophies.
* Develop relationships with strategic providers to maintain service delivery performance and maintain a working knowledge of changing market conditions.
* Lead and support project/programme transition process to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of new services and the associated provider(s).
The Successful Applicant
You will have excellent and developed communication skills for delivering key messages to a range of stakeholders both internally and externally (Including outside of the NHS) at very senior levels. You will have the ability to use informed persuasion to influence others. You will have excellent presentation skills and an ability to identify risks and anticipate issues and create solutions to resolve problems.
You must have proven success in managing internal and external senior stakeholders in large scale transformation and getting their cooperation. You will have the ability to manage staff, work without supervision and make key decisions. You will be used to working within tight time scales and be able to interpret national policy for implementations.
You will be a strategic thinker with a proven ability to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise as well as the ability to deliver at a fast pace in a complex environment.
Full MCIPS or extensive demonstrable experience in a procurement role (Essential)
Evidence of continuing professional development (Essential)
Degree in relevant subject or extensive demonstrable experience in a management post (Essential)
Project Management Prince 2 Practitioner or similar (Desirable)
Worked within a complex procurement environment with uncertainty and changing demands
Demonstrable evidence of developing Business Cases across a diverse range of stakeholders
Understanding of the commissioning function within NHS England
Awareness of public sector procurement policy, the political and clinical context and the implications of these on commercial decisions
Has worked within defined category areas of spend
Developed procurement that complied with EU Procurement law
Carried out cost, price and demand analysis management
Carried out market analysis to define specific market interventions
Successfully managed supplier relationships
Worked with clinical leads to influence to influence specification design
Carry out service transition or service implementation projects
Developed and designed legal contracts
Business acumen and the ability to influence and manage commercial opportunities across the continuum of care and multi-organisations within complex networks
Have an appreciation of the relationship between the Department of Health, NHS England and individual provider and commissioning organisations
Have an understanding of the background to and aims of current health care policies and appreciate the implications of this engagement
A broad understanding of the NHS, wider public procurement and have worked in a commercial environment
Contract terms and conditions design and development
Public sector procurement and EU law and its implementation nationally (Contracting regulations)
Working knowledge of market assessment and defining strategic outcomes
Working knowledge of procurement processes and policies
Working knowledge of specification design and development
Proven experience in customer relationship management
Knowledge of sustainable and ethical procurement
Experience in mapping commercial processes, structuring work streams and pinpointing opportunities
What's on Offer
A competitive salary
An opportunity to take a step up into a senior role
An opportunity to make a difference to the NHS on a national level
A friendly, professional and forward thinking work environment
A diverse and interesting role
A supportive network of award winning procurement professionals
Ref Code: MPYC13998009Z