If you want to be able to make a difference through procurement excellence
If you want to be part of an award winning forward thinking procurement function
About Our Client
Arden & GEM Commissioning Support Unit is one of the leading CSU's in the country. Arden & GEM are over 900 staff supporting extremely interesting and high impact work streams. They support groups of CCG's, Acutes and other bodies in service re-design and transformation, business intelligence, clinical support, procurement & market management and much more.
The only CSU in the country to have been accredited with the globally recognised ISO 9001:2008 standard for Quality Management. Winners of the Excellence in Procurement award by CIPS. Winner of the Best Public Procurement Project in 2017, also by CIPS. Winner of the Procurement and Supply Chain Management Collaboration category by HCSA and Winners in the Collaborative Procurement category with the GO Public Procurement awards.
With offices all over the country, Arden & GEM are one of the most accredited, forward thinking, commercial and successful parts of the NHS.
The specific requirements of this role are as follows:
* To deliver a strategic Clinical Procurement and Market Management service for customers, leading on specific projects within a portfolio of projects/programmes that delivers high value, improved patient care and cost efficiency savings across the CSS customer base.
* Work on collaborative procurement projects across a diverse range of stakeholders, including clinical leads, to meet key milestones and performance indicators.
* Work with all internal departments in pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets.
* To deliver against key performance indicators and project/programme milestones, meeting all customer objectives and produce significant results within key markets
* To develop strong customer/stakeholder relationships to ensure project compliance.
* To provide appropriate specialist input into the successful delivery of procurement and any service improvements
* Use robust data for research to analyse project specific outputs and support the effective delivery of a procurement's or service improvement
* Carry out appropriate market analysis to identify current market performance, the main features of the market including the characteristics of the demand and supply side of the market
* Use analytical skills and all available data to identify the appropriate market intervention strategy to deliver the required improvements in patient care and identified project objectives
* To effectively manage sourcing and procurement processes that translate into robust procurement projects that complies with procurement guidance, European and National legal frameworks
* To ensure all procurement's result in legally compliant projects that are developed in accordance with national guidance
* Provide specialist procurement expertise and product/service specifications to ensure procurement's and supply chains demonstrate optimum service delivery; incorporating risk management philosophies
* Develop relationships with strategic providers to maintain service delivery performance and a good working knowledge of changing market conditions
* Support project/programme transition process to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of new services and associated provider(s)
The Successful Applicant
You will be a clear communicator with excellent writing, reporting analytical and presenting skills. Capable of constructing and delivering clear ideas and concepts concisely and accurately for diverse audiences.
You will have exceptional attention to detail combined with the ability to extract key messages from complex analysis and undertake documentation review for your team colleagues as part of due-diligence prior to publication of tenders. You will have evidence of success in efficient and effective project and programme managements.
You will have a proven ability to persuade and influence as well as nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks.
You will have an ability to maintain confidentiality and trust. Used to working in a busy environments. Adaptable and flexible with an ability to cope with uncertainty and change. A commitment to continuing professional development and a professional calm and efficient manner. You will be an effective organiser with an ability to demonstrate a strong desire to improve performance and make a difference whilst focusing on goals.
Full MCIPS or equivalent experience (Essential)
Project Management, Prince 2 Practitioner (Desirable)
Worked within complex procurement environment dealing with uncertainty and changing demands
Procurement and sourcing responsibility for delivering savings and other softer benefits
Worked within defined category areas of spend
Developed procurement that complied with EU Procurement law
Carried our cost, price and demand analysis management
Carried out market analysis to define specific market interventions
Managed supplier relationships
Worked with clinical leads to influence specification design
Carried out service transition or service implementation projects
Worked with procurement systems and e-systems
Developed and designed legal contracts
Contract Monitoring and data analysis
Business acumen including the ability to influence and manage commercial opportunities across the continuum of care and multi-organisations within complex networks
Some experience in the design and development of contract terms and conditions
Public sector procurement, EU law and national implementation (contracting regulations)
Working knowledge of market assessments
Working knowledge of defining strategic outcomes
Working knowledge of procurement processes and policies
Working knowledge of specification design and development
Customer relationship management
Product and equipment evaluation techniques
Understanding supply chain networks
Knowledge of sustainable and ethical procurement
What's on Offer
A competitive salary
An opportunity to take a step up into a senior role
An opportunity to make a difference to the NHS on a national level
A friendly, professional and forward thinking work environment
A diverse and interesting role
A supportive network of award winning procurement professionals
Ref Code: MPYC13998019Z
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly