Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement required to provide our client with commercial leadership, management and support to ensure it delivers its business strategy and licence obligations.
The organisation is responsible for the delivery of the shared infrastructure needed for energy suppliers to roll out 53 million electricity and gas smart meters by 2020. The Licensee is responsible for managing the smart metering service on behalf of its users and contracts with, and manages, the data and communications service providers.
Under its licence, the organisation has an obligation to roll out smart meters to more than 99% of the properties in Great Britain, including the need to convert the already-installed SMETS1 meters onto its infrastructure and to facilitate faster switching for consumers.
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, as Head of Procurement you will be part of the Supply Chain Team working alongside other Supply Chain colleagues (e.g. Head of Contract Management, Head of Supplier Relationship Management, Head of Programme Procurement) to ensure the organisation is provided with commercial leadership, management and support that enables the organisation to execute its obligations under the licence.
The Head of Procurement is responsible for:
- Managing the Procurement function - a team of experienced procurement professionals supporting the organisation
- Creating the framework to manage all tenders to ensure that they are fair, transparent and legal for all participants so as to protect the organisation from challenge
- Ensure that the organisation’s processes are best in class and are followed on a consistent basis using requirements that are clear from the outset
- Hold the Senior Executive to account in following the procurement policy at all times
- Leading the procurement team to ensure strategic purchasing objectives are met and that the team are viewed as delivering a high quality service to the business
- Develop the procurement team to ensure continuous development towards a truly mature procurement function that is continuing to meet and support the business overall
- Manage strategic (no programme) tenders and procurement activity to enhance the organisation’s supply chain
- Ensuring procurement compliance
- Maintaining the procurement strategy ensuring that it can deliver the requirements of a business over the medium and long term.
- Regularly updating the organisation’s procurement policies and then ensuring that these are well communicated and adhered to within the organisation
- Liaising closely with the other senior leaders in the Supply Chain team to ensure that contract management, supplier relationship management and legal all work in conjunction and that roles/responsibilities are well understood
- Deputising for the Director of Supply Chain as required
As Head of Procurement, you will be/have:
- Qualified procurement professional
- Experience of Telecommunications or High-Tech companies
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Innovative approach to problem solving with minimum involvement from the Director of Supply Chain
- Comfortable leading teams through change managing through uncertainty
- Ability to work with complexity at pace
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Being able to work with a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Exemplary communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage a complex procurement with evidence of having achieved success in so doing
- Self-starter, comfortable with change and managing through uncertainty
- First class negotiator with resolve and resilience
- Experience of delivering change and transformation
To register your interest in this Head of Procurement role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.