PMO and Governance Manager - Procurement
The PMO and Governance Manager is an important role within the Procurement team in ensuring that value is delivered to the Centrica business. The role works closely with in the Procurement team, senior internal stakeholders and external third parties and continuously seeks to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management. The role ensures Procurement is perceived as a positive, significant, value adding integral partner to the Centrica business.
Project Management Office ("PMO") Management:
- Ensure value delivery is monitored and tracked effectively with regards to UK&I benefits.
- Supporting delivery of End-to-end Category Management, by providing oversight through good governance and MI.
- Monthly Business Reviews (MBR), manage the monthly procurement MBRs ensuring a focused discussion on delivery and progressing opportunities as a team.
- Produce monthly a report for UK&I senior stakeholders (MDs etc)
- Produce MI as required, and working closely with procurement operations and finance to support improvements of MI aligned to needs.
External Market Expertise:
- Engagement with Centrica SMEs to support our procurement teams, keeping up to date regulation and changes in the industry which impact 3rd party relationships.
- Identifying opportunities for knowledge sharing with the Senior PMO Manager for the procurement team and support learning through a lunch & learn programme and procurement hub.
- Support Internal audit activities, working closely with procurement operations.
- Support Category Management through Governance management.
- Manage the group governance boards and contract approvals.
- Manage the UK&I governance boards for Category strategy and contract approvals.
- Manage the wave plans, and ensure they align to the governance boards.
- Ensure compliance to contract terms (including value delivery) and management of contractual risk through Supplier MI, and performance metrics.
- Further develop supplier metrics reports, aligned to Step 5 and SAP Ariba.
On-going improvements & delivery of value add:
- Challenge business plans through governance where alternative opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated.
- Achieve on-going improvements to our PMO team and reporting impacting overall team delivery by working closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
Safety and Compliance
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
- Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Competence and Training procedures, in particular, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
- Develop and maintain strong positive working relationships with senior internal stakeholders, ensuring their requirements are understood and being addressed and that communication channels with them are clear and effective.
- Degree educated or appropriate relevant in work experience.
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent)
You will need/be:
- Experience of engagement up to a senior level demonstrating the ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills.
- Self directed, pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation.
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Advanced influencing, persuading and negotiating skills. Ability to present complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers.
- Team player with an ability to manage complex relationships and matrix teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities. Advanced skill using MS Office- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Imagination and creativity.
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises.
- Comprehensive knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance.
- Experience of complex and business significant categories of expenditure through multiple functions within Category Management and maximising value to the business.
- Demonstrable track record of transformational value delivery through identification and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies, continuous improvement plans and demand management.
- Understanding of general and contract law.
- Demonstrable track record of leading complex contract negotiations.
- Understanding of the commercial aims and objectives of Centrica.