As they prepare to embark on a huge transformation project, the leading rail organisation has a newly created procurement manager opportunity for a dynamic procurement professional to join their team.
The procurement manager will be responsible for all areas of indirect spend, with a key focusing on marketing and HR. You will be managing spends of circa £100m across an award-winning procurement function with the opportunity to lead transformational projects across your categories. The procurement manager will be reporting directly to the Head of Procurement with the view of progressing to a senior management position in 12 months.
The procurement manager will be responsible for:
- Managing and collaborating with an executive stakeholder community, using your relationship management and influencing skills to gain and maintain crucial buy in and support for major strategic sourcing / procurement and category management initiative
- Skilfully handling complex £ Multi-Million procurement deals across marketing, HR, IT and professional services.
- Designing and executing category plans, including strategic sourcing, contract renewals & extensions, terminations and dispute resolution, as well as exciting "go-to-market" procurement projects
The Procurement Manager will have:
- Solid experience working across any area of indirect procurement. You will demonstrate impressive cost savings, risk mitigation and be able to develop and maintain crucial supplier relationships.
- The ability to drive change across procurement and manage difficult stakeholders.
- Degree + CIPS beneficial but not essential
Listed as one of the "Top 100 Places to Work", my client has an undisputed reputation for promoting internal talent and will invest heavily in your growth within the organisation. As they continue to expand over the years, they provide endless opportunities to gain exposure to multiple categories and develop your career on an upwards trajectory.
Key words: Procurement, IT Procurement, Category manager, category buyer, supplier relationship, Stakeholder Management, research and development, innovation, indirect procurement management, indirect spend, direct, professional services, Procurement, west London, Central London, East London, Directors, I.T procurement, Procurement Analyst, IT Procurement, cloud integration operations, strategic sourcing, indirect, procurement services, London, marketing, HR