Ambitious Procurement Buyer - Birmingham
Ambitious Procurement Buyer - Global FTSE 100 - Birmingham/West Midlands - £28-38K + Package
Due to exponential growth, a global FTSE 100 organisation is looking to invest in a high-achieving buyer with strong academics. This prestigious blue-chip organisation is offering an excellent training scheme (including fully funding MCIPS sponsorship) and generous remuneration with a rapidly increasing salary.
My client is looking for an ambitious buyer at the start of their career, who have 1-2 years' strategic experience across either indirects (fleet, travel, HR, Professional Services etc.) or directs (e.g. raw materials) category experience. This role will give you an exposure to both indirect and direct spend, with giving you the option to specialise in a category within the 12-18 months of joining the organisation.
The successful applicant will perform highly in this strategic category management position, attracting senior sponsors to facilitate quick progression towards Procurement Management (estimated 12-18 months) and Senior Procurement management (a further 18-24 months).
For the first year the procurement candidate will:
- Gain significant exposure to indirect or direct procurement, buying and negotiating with suppliers for raw materials, chemicals and manufacturing products and packaging
- Handle multi-million pound spends and receive one-to-one training from leading procurement experts (reporting directly into a CIPS nominated procurement professional)
After this, provided they have excelled within this initial stage, they will gain promotion into an agreed procurement category (across either indirect or direct) where they will be heavily involved in the end to end procurement process. This procurement buyer will build rapport with senior stakeholders across the board, challenging them and driving best procurement practices.
In order to succeed in your application for this procurement buyer position you must:
- Have an impressive background in either direct or indirect procurement or both - with experience of running tenders
- Demonstrate large cost savings that have been achieved through your personal actions within an organisation
- Be degree educated (or equivalent)
This is a fantastic opportunity to be taken on by a FTSE 100 Global Blue-Chip organisation where you will be heavily invested in and given real responsibility from the start. You will be working within an established procurement function with an excellent infrastructure for rapid progression, as well as a close-knit team who genuinely enjoy making a positive difference.
If you are interested, please send an updated CV to jobsGS@bramwithconsulting.co.uk