Supplier Management Team Leader
Over the last year the Council has made available additional investment to strengthen it’s Contract and Supplier Relationship Management function. It is taking the importance of this function very seriously.
It now has the capacity and capability in place to achieve excellence and is out to recruit to the Team Leader role.
The successful candidate supported by the team will work with colleagues across the whole Council to deliver contract management. You will also work more strategically, planning for and supporting the interactions with the Council’s most important third part organisations to maximise value.
You will provide leadership to staff and work with partners, colleagues and corporate management to ensure the delivery of robust commercial contract and supplier relationship management.
The advice offered will have a particular focus on effective commercial management of the Councils most important contracts and on the management of escalation across the Council’s wider contract portfolio.
- You will have a number of cross cutting policy responsibilities across all contracts at the Council.
- You will be responsible for the management of a team of staff.
- You will provide particular focus on the contracts that the Council has identified as its most important.
- You will identify, manage and in some cases provide intensive support to those contracts or suppliers that are failing.
- You will support the organisation to understand its assurance and performance.
- You will support the development of the organisations capability and capacity in this area.