Senior Procurement Specialist
Our Client, a Neutral Vendor Solutions Provider with Head Offices based in the North East, provide Procurement, Contract and Performance Management support to the Public Sector.
Due to continued growth our Client is looking to bring in a Senior Procurement Specialist to provide key support to both our Clients suppliers and customers relating to areas such as; Social Care, ICT, Construction, Education, Healthcare and Professional Services. The key objective for the role is to support projects and sourcing requirements through i.e. developing specifications, identifying and selecting suppliers, planning and running sourcing events, evaluating responses and making sourcing recommendations.
You will be required to engage with suppliers and customers to support negotiations to i.e. negotiate contracts or improve prices/terms of business, issue work orders and other documents where appropriate, track delivery of projects through milestone completions, provide analysis on costs to ensure where savings have been made and capture/track results. You will be required to act as a ‘Subject Matter Expert’ on areas relating to your sector/category assigned, assess/evaluate suppliers to ensure contract compliance and conduct market research across categories/markets to evaluate, recruit and add new suppliers to the existing Supply Chain.
This is a permanent opportunity based in Newcastle City Centre with salaries ranging from £25,000 - 35,000.00 on offer.
Successful candidates must have the following experience:
- CIPS qualified or equivalent experience/qualifications
- Understanding of modern procurement practices i.e. in the Public Sector – OJEU/PCR
- Experience of writing up specifications and evaluating bids
- Experience of negotiating with Customers and/or Suppliers
- Experience in a procurement related role with focus on Social Care and/or ICT would be beneficial
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects, and maintaining customer commitments
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Logistics Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Travel & Hospitality Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999