Procurement Specialist - Logistics
A FTSE100 Oil & Gas supermajor are seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist for the logistics category with a strong track record of procurement and supply chain management within global Blue-Chip procurement functions.
An initial interim contract in the Greater London area offering £350-£450 p/d.
The primary focus of this role is to work with the Senior Category Specialists and Category Manager to support the development and delivery of procurement logistics strategies by performing analysis and co-ordinating key inputs such as supply market analysis, spend analysis, cost modelling and benchmarking.
- To support the Category Manager and Senior Category Specialists, manage the interface between procurement strategy development for logistics and implementation by the delivery organisation. organisation, including the business interface organisation
- Supports the objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations.
- Support Category Manager and Senior Category Specialists to coordinate inputs to the development of logistics category and procurement strategies.
- Support the Category Manager and Senior Category Specialists and to ensure timeliness and quality of all contracts required for safe, compliant and reliable business operations.
- Support the Category Manager and Senior Category Specialists in local contract management, performance reporting and the monitoring and management of compliance.
- Support the Category Manager and Senior Category Specialists in achieving the value delivery in the assigned category and regional scope.
- Drive and own procurement activities defined by the Category Manager and Senior Category Specialists.
- Support and own local and regional contract negotiation, execution, and supplier performance management activities.
- Gather performance feedback (and variation requests) for input to supplier performance review.
- Significant end to end strategic procurement experience within the logistics category.
- Stakeholder relationship management experience within large matrix organisations.
- Supplier interaction experience.
- Supply Chain Management/Logistics activities awareness and experience.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- Demonstratable willingness and eagerness to learn about best practice procurement and logistics category strategies.
- Knowledge of P2P processes, and SAP systems.
- Sourcing, contracting and contract management experience.
There is significant time pressure on this role so please apply ASAP or call Jamie Mackinlay on 01483213311.