Global Commodity Price Risk Management Leader - Benelux
Global Commodity Price Risk Management (CRM / CPRM) Leader - Benelux
Title: Global Commodity Risk Management (CRM / CPRM) Leader - Energy & Packaging
Reports into: Global Head of CRM / CPRM / Commodities
Relocation: My client will pay for relocation if needed
Passport / visas: European (including UK) passport preferred but my client will sponsor visas for the
right CRM / CPRM Leader
Languages: Business fluency in English. Other global languages are useful but not required
Salary: €130,000 - €150,000 basic + 60% bonus + fantastic benefits
Global spend managed: 2 Billion USD
World leading, house hold name, food & beverage / FMCG major seeks an experienced Global Commodity Price Risk Management Leader to manage and direct a high performing team that manages categories that include Energy & Packaging as well as supporting all Risk Management with best in class Research & Compliance.
My client is a World leading food and beverage business, with over 100,000 employees across over 80 countries and is one of the biggest 15 food and beverage firms in the World. This role alone will have you managing and hedging a global spend of over 2 Billion USD.
This is a role for someone who is eager for a global challenge, balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the CPRM model. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
The categories are complex and volatile from a Global Supply Chain and Price Risk Management perspective. The individual in this position should be a commodity risk management expert, with a strong Commodity background, with strategic sourcing experience, a demonstrated capability to develop a holistic global strategy for assigned categories. The individual should drive and challenge the team to reach the Global and zone/regional targets and provide solid advice on all related markets and supply issues to senior leadership.
Key components of the role
- Oversight of and responsibility for the Global Commodity Risk Management program for futures, forward contracts, physical inventory, forecasting and communication to senior management.
- Manage Commodity market volatility with timely effective buying strategies and also provide analytical detail, market guidance and variance to budget information to business leaders in each zone/region.
- Lead and direct the Global Risk Management organization to manage specific market inflation and deflation, focusing on both upside and downside market risks.
- Coordinate strategy alignment throughout all the stakeholders in the zone, gain approval and post the approved strategy for internal auditing.
- Manage global direct report team and contribute to their skills, development and career planning.
- Substantial commercial experience in Procurement and Commodity Risk Management (CRM / CPRM) working for a world leading business. This will include related experience managing / hedging hundreds of millions or billion-Euro commodity risk.
- Strong CPRM exposure, spanning across a number of commodities and not too narrow. Specific experience in Energy and Packaging would be useful though.
- Previous experience managing CRM / CPRM on either a global or a regional (EMEA / European, Americas, APAC etc) basis and be keen to step up into a global role.
- This is a people management role, so any previous management experience would be useful although the right person could step up into this managerial role.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence business decisions and change.
- Strong Analytical, Planning and Execution skills.
- High results-orientation.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in a related field.
For more information, please e-mail through an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ben at jobsBR@bramwithconsulting.co.uk