Are you looking for a role where you provide delivery of sourcing requirements, managing lower value/risk/complexity categories and a procurement service to deliver demonstrable value for money? If so, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Procurement Specialist who will work as part of a team of procurement professionals on larger procurement activities.
In this role you will develop stakeholder relationships on day to day basis and support development of specifications to deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, and existing category strategy
- Highly effective communicator who can work with a range of stakeholders
- A good level of understanding across category discipline and the ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Effective stakeholder management skills.
- Able to manage own workload to deliver to deadlines and knowing when to seek support when needing to balance conflicting operationally urgent and important tasks.
- Effective written & oral communication and interpersonal skill. Open minded and a good listener (to understand differing needs).
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with complaints/escalations.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A successful career in procurement/similar environment and with procurement experience where evidence of cost savings and value for money efficiencies can be demonstrated
- Fundamental understanding of EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards.
- Experience at extracting appropriate MI from systems to aid decision making.
- Experience of working effectively with internal stakeholders.
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to email@example.com or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Procurement Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Category management Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999