As part of their investment in the future, our client, an established global leader in customised heat exchange design and manufacture is looking to recruit a Buyer to join their growing purchasing team. Interested?
Reporting to the Group Purchasing Manager, as Buyer you will be responsible for all inputs to the organisation to support the most efficient and cost-effective supply of products and services. Your key role will be to ensure all orders are placed on time and expedited to ensure timely delivery.
You will also learn how to negotiate pricing with suppliers and submit costs internally to enable timely customer quotations.
You will form part of a small dedicated procurement team, you will also be involved with numerous procurement related projects from costing, to supplier selection, managing inventory, reporting on timely deliveries, improving costs and new supplier selection.
This is an ideal role for an ambitious Buyer to learn the basics and being involved in all aspects of Purchasing from the day to day activity to the strategic.
As Buyer, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally manufacturing or engineering background.
- Knowledge of Epicor or similar materials ordering and management software.
- Computer literate – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Numerate and enjoys working with numbers and analysis
- Outgoing and inquisitive – not frightened to ask the right questions
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Ambitious and eager to learn
- Understands the order to pay process
- A competent expeditor
- You will also have strong analytical skills and will be able to interrogate and analyse data to support purchasing and supply chain strategies.
- Ability to build trusting and supportive relationships with colleagues and business contacts, ensuring purchasing specification demands and requirements are communicated and understood.
As Buyer, you will ideally have or be:
- A junior Buyer / Buyer looking for the next step
- Currently studying for CIPS diploma
- Proficient at Excel and Word.
To register your interest in this Buyer role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.