Category Manager – HR & Professional Services
Exciting Procurement transformation role for experienced & driven Category Manager to support change & manage group HR & Professional Services sub-category spend for our market leading Services client. Interested?
As part of a wider corporate transformation programme our client is restructuring its procurement operations to reflect best corporate practice through optimising its spend leverage, raising the quality of its procurement skills and utilising its offshore capabilities to create a highly efficient team. The objective of the central procurement team will be to manage all external spend by the Group and ensure key strategic suppliers are closely monitored and aligned to its needs.
As Category Manager you will manage sub category spend across the Group that has critical business impact. You will manage spend from between £20m to £50m across the HR and Professional Services category spend - Payroll Outsourcing, L&D, Employee Benefits and Occupational Health. Managing value delivery, on-going performance and the risk represented by the substantial supply base is of critical importance.
As a key member of the Procurement and Sourcing Team your objectives are to build and lead delivery of the Category Team’s capability, ensuring consistent and effective sourcing (external and internal); risk management and innovation to simplify the supply chain.
You will be responsible for/have:
- Previous HR and Professional Services strategic sourcing & category management experience - Payroll Outsourcing, L&D, Employee Benefits and Occupational Health.
- The allocation of Buyer resources and capacity management across the category team supporting the Senior Category Manager and Category Head.
- Leading cross-functional teams of operational stakeholders, sourcing and commercial managers through the sourcing process to deliver breakthrough results that deliver commercial advantage for the company.
- Ensuring suppliers provide value for money and business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals.
- Expected to have in depth knowledge of commercial and contract management trends in the respective supply markets to apply best practice to supplier management.
- Developing relationships with existing Suppliers that leverage spend to reduce costs whilst delivering innovation and benefit to our business.
- Developing new strategic relationships with new suppliers and partners to meet customer needs and requirements that allow us to differentiate the company in the market.
- Leading cost management exercises to identify waste and drive immediate savings in external costs.
- Identify opportunities to exploit economies of scale (group leverage, standardization, normalization of suppliers etc.)
- Working with Business Partners and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of the industry and related Divisional business models is essential.
- The role is critical in driving improved customer experiences and reducing risk through the supply base within the categories.
- Working with the Senior Category Manager and Category Head to deliver a long-term Category vision, with a clear strategy and operating plan, supporting the Category Team’s objectives to the Group, business strategy and improving the measurable contribution of the Team to business performance.
- Direct accountability and responsibility for the development and delivery of the relevant sub Category Strategies.
- Implementing Supplier Relationship Management as an effective and efficient process, ensuring compliance with all policies, minimum standards and governance/risk mechanisms.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.