Head of Commercial - Technology
Our leading Utilities client seeks a Head of Commercial to focus on Technology/Digital contracts & commercial strategy. A fantastic opportunity to lead real change in digital landscape of an organisation placing itself at the forefront of its industry.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers and are investing £billions to improve their network and infrastructure, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market - the biggest change since privatisation. With significant projects in the pipeline our client requires a Head of Commercial – Technology to be a leader within their Commercial team, partnering closely with the operational Technology team itself.
- Create, drive and assure the commercial interests of the organisation through strategy, 3rd party spend, supplier relationship management and transactional activities in Digital & Technology. The role will also interface closely with Finance to ensure an end-to-end cost service is provided to the Chief Digital Officer.
- Lead a team of IT commercial specialists to ensure best practice digital, commercial and procurement ways of working are embedded internally and with all relevant suppliers.
- Understand the existing digital landscape, partnering with the CTO to be part of a change programme to bring the organisation to the forefront of its market and improve the way the business functions through its technology.
- Build deep internal stakeholder partnerships at C-suite level, establishing trusted partnerships and influencing to deliver change programmes.
- Degree educated in Business Management or similar, ideally with additional relevant industry qualifications such as MCIPS
- Director level experience in a complex, blue chip, commercial environment with deep understanding of the Technology/Digital supplier market place.
- Solid background in leadership with the ability to influence at senior level and drive change.
- Ideally OJEU related procurement experience
- Confident, tenacious, resilient individual with real personal drive and the gravitas to facilitate real change whilst building lasting internal relationships and inspiring a team.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.