Marketing Services Buyer - Greenfield
Strategic Marketing Buyer - Global FMCG Major - West London + Flexible Working - £40-45k + Excellent Benefits - Rapid Progression Opportunities
Comprised of some of the most recognised brands in the world, market-leading FMCG major seeks a high-achieving buyer to enter a newly-created position in their esteemed indirect procurement function. With increasing spend under management and further expansion on the horizon, the successful individual will be fully-immersed in the firm's key marketing supplier base, working with autonomy in a supportive environment to devise strategic category plans on a £35m+ spend and develop a deep understanding of marketing procurement. Partnering with creative organisations across multiple marketing subcategories, this position will spearhead branded initiatives across the UK - growing the firm's presence and securing their position as a household name.
Marketing Category Buyer Role Responsibilities:
- Engaging multiple areas of the business to understand greater business ambitions and ensuring procurement is working in conjunction with commercial
- The development and execution of sourcing strategies in a greenfield function, across creative strategy and development, packaging, social media, shopper insights, POS and marketing production.
- Strategically source new suppliers, managing the full end-to-end tender process to maximise savings and create value within the function
- Liaising with global stakeholders to effectively sell the value of procurement and increase the value of mandated spend
- Creating and implementing innovative ideas for the long and short-term development of the function
Marketing Category Buyer Requirements:
- Involvement in managing large indirect categories with a proven track record of generating savings and creating value in a function
- Experience strategically sourcing new suppliers and managing the full end-to-end tender process
- Strong experience drafting and managing contracts with existing and new suppliers
- CIPS and Degree qualified (desirable)
To find out more and apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Key skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, negotiation, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, purchasing, buying, Indirect, Consultancy Procurement, Advisory Services Procurement