Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 31st May 2019. Assessment centre and interviews will be held on the morning of Monday 10th June 2019.
Applications via the following link only: https://www.procure-plus.com/careers/vacancies/#job-299990
Procure Plus is a vibrant and forward-thinking place to work. We are committed to improving the lives of others. We are a company that uses collaborative procurement to support the social housing sector. Procurement is a vital part of the business and we are committed to the growth and development of our team members. Procure Plus is a not for profit company whose objective is to regenerate communities by the creation of employment opportunities . To learn more about the role and the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Procurement Manager to join our friendly and hard-working Procurement Team. You will use your knowledge of public procurement, housing and construction to lead and manage housing related procurement projects from inception to implementation on behalf of Procure Plus and Reallies.
You are required to support the Senior Procurement Manager by delivering framework procurement and other procurement projects as required for the members and customers of Reallies and Procure Plus.
Key accountabilities and example activities
- Leading and managing procurement projects in a robust manner and administering these projects to ensure they are delivered in a collaborative manner and they meet the budget, time and output requirements set
- Developing construction and housing related procurement documents such as price schedules, specifications and evaluation methodologies
- Leading the analysis of procurement projects and bidder submissions (including financial standing and price analysis) throughout each stage of the procurement process
- Formulating frameworks and creative procurement solutions that meet the operational requirements of Procure Plus and its customers
- Providing specialist procurement advice and support to Procure Plus and Reallies
- Supporting live frameworks and providing guidance beyond the procurement phase
UK and EU Compliance
- Ensuring that all procurement activity is professional and compliant with UK procurement legislation and EU procurement regulations, seeking advice where required.
- Participating in the monitoring of changes in the UK and EU rules.
- Agreeing delivery targets with senior team members and implementing these
- Challenging inefficiencies, share best practice and implement change to improve quality of service
- Being the point of escalation for junior members of the team, resolving or escalating issues
- Preparing and presenting papers, management information reports and other material
- Providing advice and support to colleagues and customers
- Keeping up to date on and responding to any changes within the business as appropriate
- Considering business risk and taking action to minimise and mitigate this
- Working collaboratively with across the business to facilitate communication and ensure consistency
- Developing and maintaining a wide network of relationships with key stakeholders
- Actively participating in team meetings and the internal CSR programme
- Any other related duties as required by your line manager
- Strategic vision
- Commercial awareness
- Passionate about the "Plus"
- Focus on the customer
- Creative and innovative
- Honest and open
- Can-do / will do attitude
- Judgement and foresight
- Project Management
- Problem solving
- Stakeholder management
- Written and oral communication skills
- Numerical and analytical skills
- IT skills
Knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Qualifications in a related subject or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- An active member of a professional body CIPS
- Experience of construction and housing related procurement
- Experience of managing procurement projects from inception to implementation both above and below the threshold to which the procurement legislation applies
- Experience of supply chain engagement
- Experience of working with tender management systems and advertising portals