Category Buyer - Global FMCG
An excellent opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join a leading global organisation.
This is a great opportunity for a robust Buyer, or an experienced Junior buyer Manager join a hugely successful food services organisation. Having recently won new business, you will play a pivotal role in the sourcing process, working closely with the NPD and Category development teams to run the full end to end procurement lifecycle. The buyer will be responsible for tenders across food, grocery, hot & cold beverages and impulse. Reporting directly to the Head of Sourcing, you will have autonomy across all supplier relationships and drive all aspects of negotiations.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the food industry, regardless of current background. Category buying experience across produce/food will be highly advantageous.
As a Category Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Leading the strategic sourcing process across food, grocery, impulse, snacks, hot & cold beverage.
- Working with suppliers across the UK and Globally to deliver cost savings
- Liaising with the NPD and Category development team to complete the 5 steps of the sourcing process
As a Category Buyer you will have:
- An interest in the food industry and preferably come from a food procurement background.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering cost savings.
- Degree + CIPS desirable but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong junior buyer to step into a newly created procurement role, with the opportunity to explore category development and new product development in the future. For more information, or to apply, please contact Shiva at email@example.com
Key words: procurement, buyer, category buyer, food buyer, FMCG, food manufacturing, strategic sourcing, strategic procurement, NPD, category development, direct procurement, category management, surrey, London, analyst, data analysis, grocery buyer, indirect procurement, I.T procurement, marketing procurement.