Sector Lead – Central Government
We are currently supporting a client who is looking for an experienced Procurement, Project or Account/Relationship Manager with experience of working for or supplying services to the Public Sector, ideally Central Government, in the UK.
Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer this role will help to identify and develop new revenue generating opportunities for allocated customers and new business leads mainly focused around Central Government. You will be responsible for generating new business leads through to the ongoing develop of these becoming a Customer. The successful candidate will be the main point of contact throughout the sales process and will be required to develop an in-depth understanding of assigned Customers, the sector and future needs. Working with internal stakeholders and the systems in place (CRM etc.) you will be required to update and keep informed key individuals, both internal and external, throughout the process to ensure successful outcomes are achieved.
This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £70,000 on offer, depending on experience, with a competitive bonus structure in place/on offer. The role will be mixture of Field Based, predominantly in Central London, and Home Based.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with Public Sector customers
- Strong understanding of Public Sector procurement rules and regulations i.e. OJEU and PCR
- Knowledge of technical, legislative and regulatory frameworks effecting the Public Sector
- Strong Change Management skills and implementing new ways of working
- Ability to make decisions, problems solve and take a pro-active approach to work
- Knowledge of Professional Services
- Experience of working as a Consultant/Interim with various clients in the Public Sector would be advantageous