Interim Payroll Officer - Royston / £150
Interim Payroll Officer required for a short term contract to ensure an effective payroll service is provided to the business during a period of long term absence. The role will initially be on a 1 month contract, paying up to £18 per hour based in Royston.
- Input monthly payroll data into the Northgate ResourceLink system in accordance with statutory and contractual obligations and to pre-defined timescales.
- Process and monitor all staffing changes including starters, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- The input, calculation and recording of sickness payments both statutory and occupational.
- The input, calculation and recording of maternity, paternity, adoption and Shared parental payments both statutory and occupational.
- The processing of relevant Inland Revenue forms including P45 etc.
- The accurate calculation of gross to net.
- Prepare data to assist in the provision of information to external agencies such as Government Bodies, etc. as required.
- Assist with processing RTI.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Deal with enquiries from staff, management, audit, statutory bodies and others in a polite, friendly and professional manner. Ensuring all conditions of the Data Protection Act (1998) and other relevant legislations are met.
- Be proactive in suggesting and implementing improvements to the current payroll system and procedures.
- Providing support within the payroll department to deliver an outstanding customer focussed service to HR, the businesses and employees at all levels.
You MUST be able to demonstrate the following;
- Recent payroll experience in a similar role
- Current experience of using NGA ResourceLink
- Proficiency in use of office programs
Duration: Initial 1 month
Rate: up to £18 per hour
If you are initerested in this opportunity then please contact me directly on 01483 213 302 or firstname.lastname@example.org