Junior Procurement Analyst
Are you looking to start your career in Procurement? Or are you already a Junior Procurement Analyst and looking for your next challenge? A great opportunity is now available to join Haymarket’s central procurement team.
As the Junior Procurement Analyst, you’ll be responsible for supporting Haymarket’s procurement process. Your main responsibilities will be to support and ensure best practice among internal and external procurement activities, analyse opportunities to improve processes or reduce costs and maintain ongoing contract and supplier status.
This role offers the opportunity to study towards a professional procurement accreditation.
Some of the key responsibilities you’ll have in this role are:
- Support Haymarket’s procurement processes
- Assist with sourcing, prequalification and registration of new and potential suppliers and solutions
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate procurement activities, ensuring best practice, a consistent procurement approach and shared learning across the company
- Administrate the sign-off process on new suppliers and contract extensions
- Administer new and existing contracts to suppliers
- Provide consultancy and project management support to departments undertaking procurement projects
- Develop a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs throughout the organisation
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms
- Promote sustainability across the organisation and supply chain and maintain a leading position in green procurement, working with suppliers on compliance
Some of the qualities we’re looking for in the Junior Procurement Analyst are:
- A professional and positive approach with all stakeholders
- A good financial understanding
- Strong initiative, seeking ways to improve efficiency and processes
- Ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- A strong verbal and written communicator, that shares knowledge and best practice
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket. Your next steps may include more senior roles such as Procurement Analyst.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.