One of the UK's largest FTSE100 FMCG groups under new Executive management are looking for a Food Category Buyer to deliver an effective procurement strategy designed to reduce costs associated with business practices with key suppliers. The successful candidate will be a confident individual with excellent organisational and communication skills, reporting directly to the Head of Food Spend with a budget of £60m, in a team that will purchase anything from food to alcohol; furniture; equipment and more.
The Procurement Buyer will be responsible for:
- Managing food inflation through a mix of sourcing new opportunities and negotiating with new vendors/suppliers.
- Working end-to-end and leading the procurement process
- Deliver successful negotiation and completion of contracts for each category with clearly defined targets.
- Deliver business and cost-efficiencies across the procurement function
- Compliance of contracts through engagement and commitment of stakeholders, including the senior management team
- Involvement in the new menu development process
The Procurement Buyer will have:
- In-depth knowledge of protein / produce procurement
- Past experience with food purchasing / various categories within the food service industry or wholesale environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven track record of strategic procurement
This role is ideal for anybody driven to reach demanding targets and looking for a challenging yet rewarding role in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that also offers flexible working and a strong bonus scheme.