Head of Procurement and Purchase Standards Service
The Agency is going through a reconfiguration of the procurement and purchase standards function. In this context, it is envisaged to merge two existing services into a unique Procurement and Purchase Standards Service.
As the Head of Procurement and Purchase Standards Service, you will manage a specialised and motivated team composed of around 15 high skilled administrators and assistants and ensure that it works in accordance to the highest international procurement and supply standards, in compliance with the EU procurement framework. Potentially the service should be able to be accredited against such standards. Strategic thinking, good business understanding and problem solving approach are key for this position.
In this challenging position, you are responsible for leading all global procurement and contract management efforts to efficiently and effectively enable spend owners such as divisions, departments and project managers to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. You will work with each division, department, services and project managers to lead centralized direct and indirect sourcing, procurement and contract management efforts. This will include working as a business partner with the internal and external stakeholders from initial need identification to final goods or service delivery that meet stakeholder needs.
To be eligible for consideration for this position, you are required to:
- Enjoy full rights as a citizen of an EU Member State or Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway.
- Possess a university degree (minimum of four years or more) that must have been obtained by the closing date.
- In addition to the above, have at least 9 years’ relevant professional experience in the field of the above mentioned areas and duties after obtaining the relevant degree, that must have been obtained by the closing date, including relevant competence and experience.
- A thorough knowledge of English (at least level C1) and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union (at least level B2).
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by applicable laws concerning military service
What we offer
You will benefit from a multicultural and stimulating environment, where you can develop new skills in a multilingual setting.
The successful candidate will be offered a five-year renewable contract, a generous pension scheme and a world-wide health insurance.
The monthly basic salary will be approximate to 5.6700€ net.
How to apply?
If this sounds interesting, you can read more about the role, experience and skills required, conditions, and submit your application by clicking on 'apply' above or using this link: www.ema.europa.eu/jobs
Closing date for applications is 4th June 2019 at 23.59 CET