Indirect Procurement Specialist - Birmingham
Indirect Procurement Specialist - FTSE 250 Technology Major - Birmingham - £35,000 + Bonus + CIPS Sponsorship + Fast-track Promotion to Category Manager
Due to rapid growth this young Tech firm is seeking an ambitious, commercially-minded Procurement Specialist to join ranks and deliver a step-change across key categories. Thanks to progressive leadership, Procurement has come a long way over the last four years but the team still has development areas in their best-in-class journey, so this new position presents a fantastic opportunity to add value and carve a name for oneself en route to 'Category Manager.'
As Senior Procurement Specialist you will:-
- Proactively sell strategic procurement initiatives to senior stakeholders, positioning procurement more effectively within the organisation and gaining crucial buy-in from Divisional Heads, Sales Directors and the Managing Director
- Autonomously own £ Multi-Million procurement sub-categories and strategic sourcing projects from cradle-to-grave, from gathering stakeholders' requirements to ITT, RFP, RFQ, contract negotiation and award, and supplier relationship management (SRM) phases
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the team, picking up broader commercial responsibilities outside of typical Procurement & Sourcing (e.g. progressing toward P&L ownership and wider commercial management)
- Focus on complex Indirect procurement categories across Marketing, IT, HR, Professional Services etc. managing both leading well-known suppliers as well as bespoke and niche vendors across the respective categories
- Report into the Procurement Leader, benefiting from one-to-one coaching to ensure your promotion within 12-18 months, either in the IT Procurement team or another category
- Impressive track record within your early procurement career to date
- Strong knowledge of the end-to-end procurement process,
- Specific Procurement experience (either within Indirect or Direct)
- Degree qualified & studying CIPS (preferred though not essential)
If you are a passionate, self-starting procurement professional looking for real responsibility and exposure, this thriving business is promising an exciting career.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to jobsGS@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.