Senior Procurement Buyer
Senior Procurement Buyer- FTSE 250 Healthcare Brand - Birmingham + Flex Working - £30,000 - £40,000 + Excellent Benefits
Growing Healthcare major seeks passionate Procurement expert to drive crucial spend-categories toward best-in-class and mentor team of Buyers.
Company & Procurement Overview:
The firm has an outstanding reputation for providing professional development and an enjoyable work environment to 5,000 people across the UK. Historically Procurement has played a relatively small part in the firm's success, but thanks to an influx of top-down investment the Strategic Sourcing function is having an increasing impact and the Board has a strong appetite for best-in-class Procurement.
Senior Procurement BuyerOutline:
- Lead procurement strategy development and deal execution for a £75m+ spend category spanning Directs & Indirects, namely: Professional Services, Fleet, Travel, HR, Facilities, Marketing, Medical Consumables& Technology procurement
- Build strategically important supplier relationships to secure longer term benefits beyond mere cost savings
- Spearhead major sourcing strategy reviews, negotiatingcomplex agreements and mitigating risk
- Be an inspirational figure to less experienced procurement professionals in the team, demonstrating best-in-class procurement and acting as coach / mentor to raise performance
- Use procurement toolkits & spend data to deliver value for the business
- Impressive Procurement, Strategic Sourcing & Category Management track record, with a CV that clearly demonstrates your personal procurement results / achievements
- Degree, MCIPS preferred though not at all essential
- Natural flair for people leadership
If you are passionate about furthering the image of Procurement amongst senior stakeholders and instilling a high performance culture amongst a close-knit team, this is a brilliant opportunity to carve a name for yourself and progress to Procurement Directorship.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly through this page.
Key skills: Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Purchasing, Buying, Vendor Management, Supplier Relationship Management, SRM, contract negotiation, contract drafting, RFP, RFQ, tendering, strategic procurement, MCIPS, stakeholder management
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/BramwithProcure