Our client is the leading European FMCG brand with sales of over £2bn with a presence in 13 countries across Europe. This role is available at a key moment in their illustrious history as they are now expanding worldwide beyond Europe into regions such as Northern America and Asia.
They are looking for a Buyer to help their Procurement function which is crucial to their expansion plans and has a group spend of over £1bn. Working closely with the procurement team, the buyer will be directly responsible for the vegetables category and working with a spend of between £20m - £30m and be key to driving the Procurement & Group division's success.
Role and responsibilities:
- Sourcing from European and global markets as appropriate for current and play a role with new product development
- Ownership of the Vegetables category and procurement strategy
- Tendering and negotiating with suppliers during the procurement process with elements of both strategic procurement and achieving operational efficiencies
- Managing contracts and suppliers post-purchase
- Procurement and managing supply for 12 manufacturing sites across Europe
- Manage the annual budget and forecasting
- Build and own relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external)
Required skills and experience:
- End-to-end procurement within the food category
- Track record of delivering individual savings
- Ability to manage and influence key stakeholders
- Experience with eSourcing procurement tools (e.g. Oracle)
- Degree and/or CIPS is beneficial
This role will be ideal for those looking for great personal and professional development. On top of the opportunity for quick progression within the company, they also offer a fantastic platform for learning and development.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please either hit the Apply button below, or send your CV into jobsAZ@bramwithconsulting.co.uk