Assistant Commercial Manager
As Assistant Commercial Manager, you will assist the Senior Buyer in pre-contract activities. You’ll have the opportunity to undertake the full range of procurement activities, including bids tendering, negotiation and purchase order payment for contracts. As well as, assisting senior staff on high value, or complex acquisitions for the Wales Route.
The key accountabilities of the role are summarised as follows:
- The full range of procurement activities, including bids tendering, negotiation and purchase order payment for contracts.
- You’ll assist with the reporting on all Pre-Contract activities.
- You’ll assist in the preparation of contract specification and pre-tender documentation.
- You’ll assist with the general procurement on a variety of contract categories.
Do you have?
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
- Basic level of commercial awareness
- Basic negotiation skills with ability to influence decision making
- Computer literate including ability to utilise in-house and external software
- Able to effectively communicate at the appropriate levels, both internally and externally
- Membership of an appropriate professional organisation, or working towards membership
- Experience of using electronic sourcing and/or procurement systems.
- Commercial experience and effective negotiation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of EU Procurement and Regulations