Buyer - Birmingham
Global Category Specialist, MRO & Capex - FTSE 100 Healthcare Giant - £30,000 Bonus + Benefits + Accelerated Promotion Plan - Birmingham
This aggressively growing Healthcare brand is dedicated to improving human health worldwide, making significant progress in the fight against disease since their establishment 15 years ago.
Such an important mission calls for a high-performing procurement function to maximise reach and impact. In recognition of this, the company are launching a transformation initiative to upgrade their strategic procurement capabilities and become a world class model for sustainability.
As part of this the company are searching for an ambitious procurement & strategic sourcing specialist to join as Global Category Specialist within their Manufacturing organisation.
Global Category Specialist, MRO & Capex role profile:-
- Play a pivotal role in the development, management and implementation of comprehensive sourcing & category strategies on a global and regional basis to deliver impressive cost savings and wider commercial benefits that impact company results
- Represent the MRO & Capex categories on strategy development and supply chain planning forums
- Develop supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation
- Implement initiatives and programs to improve quality of bought-in goods and services and reduce lead times
- Build strategic relationships with critical suppliers and develop risk mitigation strategies to provide secure and cost effective sources for specialist commodities
- Participate in the development of Continuous Improvement strategy for the supply base, employing Lean Six Sigma approaches
- Benefit from personally tailored professional development programmes to aid your quick progression within the company
Required qualifications & experience:-
- 3+ years Procurement / Strategic Sourcing / Category Management experience, with a CV that details commercial achievements (cost savings & avoidance, risk mitigation, supplier relationship and performance improvement, stakeholder engagement)
- Flair for engaging with and influencing executive stakeholders across the globe
- Procurement / strategic sourcing / buying experience within complex global organisations
- Degree & CIPS qualifications preferred though not essential
This is an exciting opportunity to join a globally respected and incredibly successful organisation with an important purpose.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to jobsGS@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.