Our high profile Utilities client is seeking a talented & experienced Procurement Manager with a background in complex strategic procurement. A challenging & diverse purchasing role with excellent career progression awaits the successful candidate.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure - pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market - the biggest change since privatisation.
As Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for:
· Developing innovative and compelling sourcing solutions for procurement projects that deliver best value for the business across broad category areas with some contract values into the £100ms.
· Being a driving force within a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process in order to implement recommendations that deliver robust and sustainable sourcing solutions.
· Gaining unique exposure to a suite of large & strategic projects across a wide pool as opposed to singular categories.
· Proactively engaging with both internal and external stakeholders and challenge the status quo whilst offering value driven alternatives that deliver positive outcomes.
· Leading strategy development for specific sourcing projects as allocated by the business partner whilst ensuring that projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, best value and fulfilling customers' expectations.
· Building rapport with senior management and taking ownership of your projects, seeing it through from beginning to end within a define set of smooth processes.
· Creating compelling and innovative sourcing strategies which challenge current ways of working whilst delivering the best value to the business. Effectively consider and manage through each initiative: sustainability, innovation, risk management, collaboration, health and safety & well-being.
· Implementing stakeholder engagement plans at an individual level and participate in team level stakeholder engagement plans over a long period of time in a complex stakeholder environment.
· Appling a creative and agile approach to negotiation in order to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst independently leading complex and sometimes challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion. Thinking creatively about variables that can be traded to optimise the outcome.
Key skills required:
A strong strategic sourcing/procurement background from complex strategic/projects environments with demonstrable knowledge of broad categories, direct or indirect. The ideal candidate will be a resilient, tenacious, self-starter with outstanding commercial awareness and hunger for best value. You will ideally be experienced in working on projects with a keen analytical mind and excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills; you will be able to show examples of an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition. Experience of stakeholder engagement within a complex multi-site environment, you may have worked on projects where you have had to be proactive in resolving potential difficulties and overcoming barriers. Ideally educational achievement to Degree level or equivalent e.g. CIPS To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.