Do you have Commercial experience gained in a high value, complex Procurement environment with track record of identifying & delivering best outcomes & cost savings across indirect spend? If so, this could be the career move you have been looking for.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a commercial Category Managers to create, develop, communicate, negotiate and implement innovative procurement strategies, to deliver year-on-year cashable savings and efficiencies. You will have the leadership and interpersonal skills and experience to work confidently with stakeholders to overcome challenges and bring them towards a common goal. You will also deliver complex Category Strategies using best practice Category Management tools and techniques to ensure successful implementation.
- Demonstrable track record in the procurement and implementation of high value, high impact added value contribution.
- Several years’ experience of complex, dynamic environments with high levels of ambiguity and impact/risk.
- Recent experience in a modern procurement environment within a large, complex commercially driven organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading and managing change projects that cross functional and business boundaries incorporating a diverse range of relevant products and services.
- Significant experience of influencing from a strategic perspective, whilst implementing effective procurement management and compliance structures.
- Political sensitivity and high-level influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish quickly credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Evidence of success in building relationships across organisational, professional and operational boundaries.
- Demonstrable experience of working on and leading collaborative procurement projects within a complex, multi-stakeholder and legislative operating environment.
- Experience of working with key suppliers, such as outsource partners, including performance development to meet business needs.
- Commercially astute with proven track record of delivering cost savings and added value.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships to deliver change.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of EU procurement legislation and contract law.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- CIPS professional level
- Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.