We are supporting a Public Sector client based in the South West of England who are looking to recruit a Category Lead to help secure robust, value for money savings and efficiencies on their third party spend which has annual spend of over £100m.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement you will be responsible for leading category management approaches to deliver savings and contract management for a wide portfolio of Goods, Services and Works, you will be required to develop category plans for your area of responsibility and achieve value for money through procurement best practice along with developing Procurement Analysts, establish new and maintain existing collaborative partnerships and proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure continuity of supply of Goods, Services and Works.
This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £42,650 on offer (depending on experience) with a £5k market force supplement on offer. For any candidates requiring to relocate to the South West there will also be a potential relocation package of up to £3k on offer. There is also flexible working in place, generous annual leave and various other benefits on offer!
- MCIPS qualified or working/studying towards or equivalent recognised commercial qualification or extensive proven experience in a procurement / commercial setting
- Experience of Category Management core principles ideally in the Public Sector
- Knowledge of OJEU and PCR regulations
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Logistics Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Operations Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999