Indirect Procurement Manager - Innovative Technology Company
Our client launching their most ambitious and innovative tech rollout in their history and are excited to be hiring for a Procurement Manager to look after IT and other indirect categories (e.g. telecoms, HR) to be instrumental in changing the tech landscape in the UK for homes and businesses.
Part of a large group of companies, this project aims to roll out tens of millions of units by 2020 and will be working with a spend of around £150m. This is an exciting time for a collaborative procurement professional to join a growing and ambitious company in this space.
What does the role entail?
- As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for planning and delivering multiple exciting end-to-end procurement projects
- Predominantly within subcategories such as IT and telecoms
- Taking the lead on the tendering process
- Creating and managing relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders
- Taking the lead on complex negotiations with new and existing suppliers
- Contributing to development of pricing mechanisms, service levels and credit mechanisms
- Experience in complex IT and/or telecoms procurement projects
- A track record of working to tight deadlines and budgets - especially being able to demonstrate a history of achieving impressive individual savings against said budgets
- Confidence when dealing and influencing key senior stakeholders both internal and external to the business
- CIPS or equivalent qualified (desirable)
- Knowledge of tendering tools such as Ariba, Oracle and SAP
This is a terrific opportunity to be joining the procurement division within a market-leader in the innovative technology space, you'll be working alongside some of the most experienced and innovative minds in the UK. Our client offers phenomenal learning and career progression opportunities to grow along with the company.