Supply Chain Innovation Advisor
The role requires an experienced, highly persuasive individual who can successfully engage senior business leaders. You will bring prior knowledge of the creative, media and/or tech sectors to the project. You will be integral in contributing to the delivery of the Great West Creatives (GWC) Creative Enterprise Zone Action Plan, initiating partnerships and building lasting links between business, creative and learning communities within the CEZ and across London Borough of Hounslow. Creative Enterprise Zones are a key initiative of the Mayor of London. The Creative Enterprise Zone covers a district from Sky at Osterley through Brentford to Chiswick Park, home to Discovery and QVC.
The role is hosted by Creative Enterprise Zone partner West London Business (WLB). WLB works to ensure West London stays the best place to do business. North-West London is the UK’s global gateway – a £73 billion GVA economy underpinned by 120,000+ businesses. We are a non-profit business-led organisation with a blue-chip board that includes corporations such as Heathrow and PwC, key regional firms such as Fullers and Kingston Smith LLP , education institutions and small businesses. We have a membership of around 200 organisations, 15,000+ supporters and 30+ events per annum, including the West London Business Awards.
Our members commit to work together through WLB to raise West London’s global economic competitiveness, whilst pursuing social and environmental sustainability.
To lead the development of a supply chain innovation programme centred on the Great West Creatives Creative Enterprise Zone. The postholder will bring innovative and creative approaches and thinking to facilitate and build new local relationships and supply chain links. They will provide senior project leadership and support through the different life stages of the GWC project. This will involve capacity building and signposting to advice and guidance, as well as the preparation and delivery of policy and reports to deliver the Creative Enterprise Zone in Hounslow.
Leading Creative business development workstream (60% time)
- Establish baseline numbers of businesses in and close to zone, as well as picture of current corporate local procurement/ supply chains, and growth potential
- Recruit corporates and SMEs into GWC programme and network
- Develop/ consolidate best practice guidance setting out the business case for creative sector corporates procuring locally and ‘fit to supply’ guidance for SMEs
- Foster connections between larger businesses and local supported enterprises in GWC network
- Work with Sky to maximise local business access to a Sky Innovation Hub
- Support planning and delivery of showcasing and advocacy events
- Engage with potential inward investing creative enterprises – and respond to inbound inquiries
Supporting Creative Production space workstream (20% of time - this work will be based with project partners LB Hounslow and core programme team)
- Support the development of Gillette House mini masterplan (or similar), including potential Live work
- Support the development of a developer focused marketing campaign
- Support an increase of workspace in use across Creative Enterprise Zone programme period
Supporting Employment, enterprise and skills and Policy workstreams (15% of time - this work will be based with project partners LB Hounslow and core programme team)
- Work with the Education Business Partnership, schools, colleges and employers to support GWCs’ skills initiatives
- Work with LB Hounslow to maintain and grow the profile of the creative sector in Hounslow’s Local Plan and other strategic planning and policy frameworks.
- Advocate policy and investment to accelerate installation of Superfast Broadband and 5G across the Creative Enterprise Zone
Programme long term sustainability and knowledge transfer (5% of time - this work will be based with project partners LB Hounslow and core programme team)
- Support Feasibility study/implementation for BID/Localism future structure for GWC Creative Enterprise Zone
- Build and maintain close links with other Creative Enterprise Zones and other creative business development initiatives across London, sharing learning and collaborating where appropriate
- Day to day decisions regarding delivery of GWC Creative Enterprise Zone’s supply chain innovation programme.
- Identification of improvement in how GWC Creative Enterprise Zone partners and the local creative sector supply chain connections are developed and innovation/ resilience opportunities maximised.
- Chief Executive – line manager
- GWC Creative Enterprise Zone programme lead at LB Hounslow – dotted line for some deliverables
- Policy & events manager and Head of Member Services
- GWC Creative Enterprise Zone consortium including Chamber of Commerce, Creative People and Places and West Thames College
- GWC Council working group including Heritage and Arts, Housing, Regeneration and Skills and Employment representatives
- GWC working groups
- Learning and skills sector e.g. schools and academies
- Sub-regional bodies e.g. West London Alliance
- Funders including GLA and Heritage Lottery Fund
- Local corporate businesses
- Small – large creative businesses
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) member and/or chartered professional
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience
- Project management experience and able to maintain strong up to date information on all projects and their resources.
- Experience in managing consultants on project and delivering outputs on time and in budget.
- Experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders on the delivery of project tasks.
- Experience of leading supply chain innovation and/or brokerage programmes
- Knowledge of creative, media and/or tech sectors
- Understanding businesses commercial priorities
- Good working knowledge of supply chain networks and demonstrable skills in creating tools for new supply chain solutions.
- The business case for local procurement and/or open innovation
- Working knowledge of local government, the services provided and the dynamics with third sector partners
- Demonstrable knowledge of the North-West London geography and/or key West London businesses
Skills & abilities
- Good written communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral communication skills to work effectively with professionals at all levels, particular senior stakeholders
- Ability to operate at senior levels with highly developed influencing and persuading skills
- Good prioritising and self-management skills to work effectively alone, as well as part of a team.
- Financially literate – ability to understand and interpret financial data
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Confidence to challenge the status quo in a sensitive manner
- Ability to present ideas and concepts at a relevant level appropriate to the audience
- Ability to manage budgets and provide accurate forecasting and reports
- Ability to produce concise reports, technical and user documentation
- Ability to manage third party suppliers
- Able to justify and communicate decisions and processes to all audiences.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a wide range of internal/ external stakeholders in a complex environment on a range of different projects
- Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM
Personal style & behaviours
- Energetic with a positive approach to enthuse and motivate
- Ability to go the extra mile, with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Quick learner
- Careful, accurate, pays attention to detail
- Able to work to deadlines
- Willingness to learn and share skills with colleagues
- Calm under pressure
- Able to work on own and as part of a team
- Able to communicate with people at all levels
- Pleasant telephone and email manner
- At all times respects confidentiality
Salary and benefits
£48,500 per annum - Two year contract.
20 days holiday (25 days year two), plus bank holidays
Employee healthcare and employer pension contribution of 6%
The post will be based at West London Business’ main office (The Workary, 1 Dukes Avenue, Chiswick W4 2AB).
Application by CV and cover letter to Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline Monday 8 July 2019.